Saturday, May 14, 2016

The F's Shadow


Spent my breaks at work last night carving away the red background and didn't really expect that previous layer of ink to be dry, but this morning it was actually dry to the touch.  I decided to just jump right into the next color and since it was already pre-mixed that helped me move right along.

I find that this piece looks kind of weird since the "F" has a neon shadow, but the "U" does not.  I thought maybe I had made a mistake when working on the drawing, but after looking back at the photo discovered that this is actually how it looks.  The "U" does have shadow that falls into the light yellow, but it doesn't touch the red anywhere.  Must have just been the angle of the light.

Only 3 more colors to go until this piece is complete.  Excited to get to that stage.  Hoping that this layer of ink dries just as quick.

Below is a picture of the block after my carving last night.  The next stage of carving should go even quicker since there is very little to carve this time around.


#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionprint #neon #sign #FU #Pittsburgh #FuelandFuddle

No comments: