Wednesday, May 11, 2016

So they say that the 3rd time is a charm....


Okay, so this is the result of the 3rd printing of red.  I only planned on printing the ones that didn't cover completely, but then discovered that my new mixed red was a bit darker than the previous one.  I reprinted all 9 good pieces and they are finally good enough to move on with this piece.
I've already pre-mixed the red shadow color which will come next and just need to carve the block down and wait for these to dry.  I still have a couple weeks to finish this piece before I need to submit it to one of the exhibitions.

I'm glad I got back to this one.  Since finishing the Heinz Field lino a week or two back I haven't gotten much done.  Part of that procrastination is coupled with the issues that I was having with this piece.  I find I step back when the an issue pops up multiple times and it really knocks me off course.  The issue of the red not printing properly really caused me to procrastinate on all my current projects.  Tomorrow though is a new day and I've already gotten my stuff together to start the next color of the "OT" (M "ot" el).  I've also bought some new unmounted lino to start some larger pieces.

I guess sometimes you just gotta get back on the horse to make it go forward again.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionprint #FU #FuelandFuddle #Pittsburgh #neon #sign

No comments: