Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Next color for OT


Just printed the 3rd violet for the OT reduction linocut.  I really like how it's starting to turn out and though I still have 3 colors to go I'm starting to consider using only 2 more.  What I'm considering is leaving the current dark violet as the shadow that lays on top of the orange background which gets printed next.  I'm going to have to take a little bit of time to weigh the options, but I think that I kind of like the idea.

Excited to have finally gotten past the procrastination hurdle with this piece.  I just didn't know how well my registration jig worked during the first pass.

I can be pretty honest that I was never overly fond of this piece or it's composition, but now that it's moving along I'm very happy with it and can't wait to see how it works out.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionlinocut #motel #OT #neonsign #neon

No comments: