Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Orange OT - not quite as planned


Printed the next color for the OT print which was orange.  I mixed up a beautiful orange that I was very happy with.  Unfortunately, their is almost always some transparency.  It took this beautiful redish-orange and turned it into something darker and not so pretty.  I will probably now have to wait for the ink to dry and try again by adding some white to a red-orange mixture in hopes of getting what I wanted.

The image above has been modified in Photoshop to try and get the actual color and not the color my camera was seeing.  Even this color is not as dark and dull as the one on the paper, but it's much closer to reality.

The picture below is my setup I made so that when I woke up I would have everything ready.


#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionlino #print #orange #nottherightcolor




No comments: