Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Fuel and Fuddle neon sign final color!!...almost.

 

Ssssssooooooooooo close.

Yet not close enough.  Used a previous dark grey from the Oaks Theater print this morning and added some white and black so that I wouldn't run out of the color before printing ended.  I printed a proof and then a second proof (which I cut apart to use as a mask) and printed on one of the prints that will not make it into the edition.

Once printed I discovered that I didn't really like the dark grey and felt it needed to go darker for me to be happy.  Unfortunately for me, I started too late and even now I'm in the process of getting ready for work.  The ink is now completely pre-mixed and ready to go.

I should have this print finally completed on Thursday morning.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionlinocut #neon #PittsburghPA #FuelandFuddle

No comments: