Thursday, June 30, 2016

Harley Davidson Las Vegas Cafe Reduction Linocut - 3rd update


So here I am!  I just finished the remainder of the C and the E this afternoon.  I'm excited to get this one and started and will hopefully get to tearing down the paper tomorrow morning.  I also want to take a day or so away from what I perceive to be a finished initial carving and then come back at it using the reference photo and start verifying that it is actually complete.

 

Here are two detail shots of the initial carving (paper white).  Excited to get this piece going.

On other fronts though....I really need to print the black of the "OT" print to finish it.  I've become a little busy as of late and have other things going on so a couple different projects have taken a backseat to the rest of life.  I've got landscape images that I really want to start to take stabs at.  I want to learn how to them for a new challenge - I've technically made one already, but I really didn't like it very much and I'd like to do at least a 5-6 color reduction landscape.  Hopefully I'll get to that soon.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionlinocut #HarleyDavidson #LasVegas #Cafe #Neon #Sign #Update

No comments: