Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hey! Waitaminute....I thought this print was done?? FU & other updates


So.....yeah.  I guess it's not quite done yet.

Carved away the dark grey areas and the areas that now remain will be over printed with a yet to be determined color.  I'm just trying to remove some of the overall contrast from the piece that makes these parts look a bit sloppy.

After a week or so away from this piece though I do find that I like it much more than when I originally stated I was finished, but something still needs done with those areas.  Hopefully within the next week I can come up with what I want to do with this color and get this print completely finished.

I still tracing away at the neon Cafe that I started a little while back.  Progress on it has been slow since I've also been working on other projects (including the FU print from above).

Found a small error in the OT print and decided to try printing over it to get it back to where I feel it should be.  Didn't like the results after 1 print so I've decided that I'm just going to let it go as is.  It doesn't look bad and I simply missed the error while carving and printing.  Not really a big deal.

I have a 9x12 water lily lino that I've started carving.  The only issue with this piece is that I'm also making decisions as I go.  I prefer to have everything figured out before hand, but while working on it I've also been looking at other floral linocuts which have been giving me ideas.  I'm sure it'll all work out....the image is the same image I've used for a test print a couple years back.

I've been looking at landscapes lately and I really want to take a stab at them again.  My last one left a somewhat sour taste in my mouth as it didn't turn out nearly as nice as I hoped.  I've been looking at others and have so many trips from my trip to Nevada, Utah and Arizona last September as well as other images from around where I live in Pennsylvania.  They are somewhat of a challenge for me, but that's no reason not to keep trying.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #studioupdates

No comments: