Thursday, June 9, 2016

Finally complete! FU reduction linocut


8x10 Reduction Linocut - 16 Layers

Well, it's finally complete.  I'm happy that it's done and see a lot of good things in it, but I'm not completely happy with the end result.

I learned quite a bit while doing this piece, but wound up carving too much at points or carving areas that shouldn't have been carved.  I'm really, really happy with the yellow neon tubing.  It turned out incredible with the variations of shadows on it.  The yellow tubing could've been a little more yellow though.  The first couple layers really went down wonderfully, but once I made the hiccup by forcing the block through the press when I couldn't see what the problem was, the problems just started to build up on me.  16 layers is quite a lot for someone who hadn't printed that many before.  Still have some nuances to learn before trying something like that again.

Even though I'm very critical of it at the moment, I'm sure that in a couple days or a week or so I'll be able to look back at it more objectively.  I literally just finished printing and cleaning up after it.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionlinocut #neon #PittsburghPA #FuelandFuddle #woohoodone


No comments: