Tuesday, June 14, 2016

OT Neon Reduction Print - Update - New background


So after not being thrilled with the last background color I decided to re-mix and print again.  I got a much smoother surface this time and the color is bit brighter, but not too much.  I actually like the color better now.  The original color grew on me, but I still tried to create a lighter and much brighter version of orange.  After mixing it up though, I decided that I did not like it and used some of it to create the color that I now have (it was actually fairly red and I did not want that).

I now have a lot of carving to do with this block and then I can print the final color.  I actually have to carve away almost the entire background.

#art #printmaking #reductionlinocut #linocut #lino #neon #sign #shadows #orange

No comments: