Thursday, June 16, 2016

Carving the Orange out of the OT lino


Above are some pics that I took while carving away the entire background for the "OT" block.  It took approximately 45 minutes to remove the entire background.

I start with the smallest gouge that I have and go around the areas that I'm not carving first so I can create some type of line to follow.  I'll usually carve with that tool twice - the second pass is usually carved just to create additional space between the area that is going to be carved and the area that's going to be printed next...don't need any slips or mistakes.

I did notice a small mistake that was made earlier and I'm going to attempt to fix it before proceeding with the black.  I accidentally did not carve an area that was intended to be light violet/purple, but since I forgot to carve it...it's now orange.



No comments: