Sunday, August 7, 2016

Cafe - Carving update


Finished carving away the light grey areas which was a bit trickier than I imagined it would be.  Those neon tubes were rather tricky.  Decided to carve away a little on each tube to act as a highlight.  Not quite sure that that is the direction I should have gone, but I did it and now there is no fixing it.  Each of the tube had different highlights from the sun so I figured I'd give it a shot.

 

The carved neon tube highlights were smaller than that pencil point (which was not sharpened).  I have some clean up to do down in the grooves to make sure there is no loose lino dust that can be pulled out by the brayer during inking and I want to make sure that there are no areas where I may have missed carving.  These steps shouldn't take too long and I should be printing within a day or two.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #neon #sign #HarleyDavidson #LasVegas #Cafe 


No comments: