Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hi-Land - New 9x12 - 5 color reduction

 
"Hi-Land" - 9x12 - 5 color reduction print
Starting to begin a new piece while waiting on some new ink and a tack reducer for the Cafe linocut.

This is an image of a photo that I took of an old Dodge truck located at the Trading Post and/or the Zion Park RV on UT-9 which just outside the eastern entrance/exit of Zion National Park.  After taking the picture, I had considered making it into linocut and have finally decided to pursue making it.  Originally I intended it on being a full color reproduction, but have now decided to make it a monochromatic (single color with varying tints and shades of that color).

Surprising to me I have almost completely used up an almost brand new 4B pencil.  Since some of the details are very fine I have to continue sharpening the pencil and now it's almost done, but then...so is the image.  I only have the upper right hand corner of the image left to complete.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #truck #dodge #Hi-Land #ZionNationalPark #TradingPost #ZionParkRV



No comments: