Monday, August 15, 2016

Almost printed the next color and then....


Almost......and then I compared the block to the photo again and decided to do a little more carving.  Actually, it turned out to be a considerable amount of carving.

I decided to use the second grey color which was the shadows on the neon tubing as the shadow areas that fell across white parts of the sign.

 
Color swatches of both the 1st and 2nd greys & example photo of the cast shadow areas that Grey #2 was used for.

I'm going to also look at the cast shadows that fall inside the letters before I continue printing.  Technically, the should be the same color as the cast shadow areas that I just carved.  The problem I see though is that the shadow on the tubing is the same exact color and in some cases runs completely through large areas of shadow (which would then completely negate the shadow on the tubing itself).

Decisions, decisions.....

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #neon #sign #HarleyDavidson #LasVegas #Cafe #shadow #carving



No comments: