Monday, August 8, 2016

Harley Davidson Cafe - 2nd color printed (light grey)


Even with limited time available this morning I decided to mix up the 2nd color of this reduction linocut.  Didn't take as long as expected so I decided to pull a test print and it actually turned out pretty good so I decided to see how it looked printed.

Worked out pretty well and I'm very happy with it.  I did notice some thinning of the lines after the 5th print so I ran a print of simply newsprint in order to remove the excess ink.  I then went in and wiped down each of the lines to make sure that they were clear of ink.  I had to do it again after the 10th print and managed to print all 12.

Now I get to carve away the rest of the small neon tubing and prepare for the next color which I believe will be a slightly darker grey for the shadows of the tubing and possibly some other areas which I'll need to evaluate before carving.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #HarleyDavidson #LasVegas #Cafe #neon #sign


No comments: