Sunday, August 14, 2016

Diner - Reduction Linocut update - Carving


Spent a portion of my overly hot afternoon carving away the white areas of the Diner lino that I've started.  I also ripped the necessary paper for the print and now I just need the high heat that we've been having lately to take a break for a little while so that I can get this piece started.

While I'm waiting though, I'll continue to take a glance at this each day to see if there are any areas of white (paper color) that I've missed.

 

Here are two detail shots of some of the areas that I carved out this morning.  Some of these areas are relatively small, but with the help of some new gouges that I received for my birthday this whole process went pretty easily.

First color up on this particular print will be a straight-from-the-can Gamblin Hansa Yellow.  The next color is a much warmer yellow and is already pre-mixed.  The second color will act as the cast shadow(s) on the circles that surround the letters.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #carving #diner #neon #sign #somersetpa


No comments: